In order to comply with UK export control regulations we are required to verify the identity and credentials of potential clients and the nature of their proposed use of Vantablack. If you wish to purchase Vantablack coatings, the following applies:
1. Vantablack coatings cannot be supplied to private individuals.
Only verified companies, research facilities and educational establishments can order a sample of Vantablack. The coating is not available to private individuals at this time and we can’t accept orders from private email addresses.
2. Vantablack and Vantablack S-VIS generic samples require an export license
Under current UK Government legislation Vantablack and Vantablack S-VIS require an export licence for generic samples as they have no specific end use function.
3. Vantablack and Vantablack S-VIS applications may not require an export license
Many customer parts may not need an export licence as this is dependent on how the coated part will be used.
4. Non-UK customers will require additional export documentation for samples
Non-UK customers are required to complete one of the following undertaking forms in order to comply with UK export legislation (form download will start as soon as you click the links).
- Customers in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA only, please complete the OIEL undertaking letter
- All other non-UK customers, please complete the SIEL undertaking letter
How do I proceed?
- “I have an existing product or new development to discuss”
- “I would like a sample or educational display unit”
“I would like a bespoke development sample”
If you wish to purchase bespoke development samples on non-standard substrates, please call +44 (0) 1273 515899, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact page. Please provide as much detail as possible in your message.
“I need technical performance data”
If you are looking for technical performance data, please click here.
- “I need help with the OIEL/SIEL documentation”