The NanoGrowth-Catalyst tool for nanomaterial growth
Developed with the help of groundbreaking research into carbon nanotube (CNT) fabrication, NanoGrowth Catalyst is the world's most flexible and automated nanomaterial growth tool. The system has three chambers: a load/lock chamber and two reaction chambers - for catalyst/precursor delivery and growth of barrier films and nanomaterials - plus a transport system for moving substrates. End-to-end atmosphere-free processing ensures the highest purity conditions during processing to minimise contamination and oxidation and ensure consistent and repeatable results.
Eight major processing capabilities* come with this automated system to provide supreme flexibility for nanomaterial growth and process development of CNTs, nanowires, nanoparticles, nanoclusters and graphene:
- CVD chemical vapor deposition
- PECVD plasma-enhanced CVD (DC and RF)
- RTG rapid thermal growth
- Sputtering including co-deposition
- Sputter etch and ashing
- Nanoparticle deposition
- Soild/liquid phase catalyst/precursor delivery
- Thermal annealing
Despite its extensive capability, NanoGrowth Catalyst occupies only a very small cleanroom footprint of 1 x 2 m.
Precision fabrication and configuration repeatability principles are at the core of this tool's architecture, which has been developed by engineers with many years of experience of creating thin-film deposition tools for both scientific research and commercial fabrication. Among the features are an ultra-high purity gas delivery system and flexible closed-loop controls that allow users to define target tolerances to achieve a high level of repeatability during all phases of processing.
*Options also include ICP inductively coupled plasma (RF@13.56MHz).
Ben Jensen, CTO:
"It's a platform to speed research across the spectrum of nanomaterials, with automated handling and control to help developers turn ideas into practical and repeatable processes."
NanoGrowth Catalyst at a glance
- process-rich growth platform delivering precise, repeatable nano structures
- proven material growth recipes for conventional and lower temperatures
- modular, expandable hardware
- highly flexible software control
- 100 mm (4 inch) substrate sizes
- 1 x 2 m clean room footprint
- NanoGrowth Catalyst datasheet