Surrey NanoSystems News
- British breakthrough in world’s darkest material launched at Farnborough International
09-Jul-2014 - Sensitive electro-optical imaging and target-acquisition systems will achieve new levels of range and sensitivity performance thanks to a UK company’s breakthrough in developing a ‘super black’ material to be launched at the Farnborough International Air Show.
- UK NANOMATERIALS COMPANY MAKES DARK MATERIAL BREAKTHROUGH
29-Jul-2013 - Newhaven, UK, July 30, 2013 --- Surrey NanoSystems' unique nanotechnology processing know-how has been used to deposit the world's blackest material on lightweight, temperature-sensitive substrates. Its new 'super black' coating can be applied to optical instruments for space applications, to reduce reflections and increase sensitivity.
- NanoTube Black - The Blackest Black
08-Jul-2013 - Surrey NanoSystems to exibit ultra black body coating at the 2013 UK Space conference
- Surrey NanoSystems secures £4.5m funding to commercialize next-generation semiconductor fabrication technologies
07-Mar-2012 - Third-round venture capital for silicon-friendly nanomaterials growth processes
- Novel nanomaterial system will help create materials of the future - for applications from semiconductors to energy conversion
10-Jan-2011 - Surrey NanoSystems announces the first sales of its innovative new nanomaterial growth system, the NanoGrowth-Catalyst.
- Nanomaterial growth platform's end-to-end processing purity offers breakthrough for developers targetting commercial manufacturing
06-Jul-2010 - Today, Surrey NanoSystems sets a new benchmark for the production of nanomaterials with the launch of an automated and exceptionally versatile growth platform, NanoGrowth-Catalyst.
- £2.5m funding to commercialize breakthrough carbon nanotube interconnection process for next-generation semiconductors
23-Aug-2009 - Surrey NanoSystems has secured second-round venture capital for silicon-friendly carbon nanotube growth process
- Georgia Tech will push boundaries of nanotechnology research with innovative low-temperature carbon nanotube fabrication tool
02-Mar-2009 - processing temperatures of ~350 C supports growth on flexible polymer substrates
- Unique sputtering tool extends thin-film research possibilities
03-Nov-2008 - highly sophisticated tool will integrate both LEED and ellipsometer instruments
- Advanced Sputtering Tool Will Help Leading Laboratory's Research into Piezoelectric and Pyroelectric transducers, and PEC Cells for the Hydrogen Economy
11-Aug-2008 - low cost electrodes for long-life, solar-based hydrogen production is one focus of research
Recent press coverage of Surrey Nanosystems